First Announcement WAFL2017
WAFL is an international scientific conference on the assessment of animal welfare at farm and group level. WAFL2017 is organized by the Wageningen Centre for Animal Welfare and Adaptation (CAWA), in collaboration with Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Science.
From 6-8 September 2017, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Communications on any topic related to the assessment of animal welfare are welcome. To name a few:
- Welfare indicators and methods to analyse them,
- Welfare assessment protocols,
- Precision Farming and other new techniques for welfare measurements,
- Statistical methods to deal with large amounts of data,
- Genetics and welfare,
- Communication to consumers and welfare labelling
- Free papers
Hot Topics for WAFL2017
- Welfare as part of sustainability assessments
- ‘Negative results’: what can we learn from measures that didn’t work….?
- Social network analysis as a tool for welfare assessment
Communications can be in the fields of natural sciences (ethology, veterinary science, animal production, epidemiology,…), social sciences (sociology, economy,…), mathematics and engineering. Please note: WAFL especially welcomes interdisciplinary communications!
Welfare Science Meets Livestock Business
The conference will be preceded by a 1 day pre-conference meeting on Tuesday 5 September 2017 with an inspiring ‘Welfare Science Meets Livestock Business’ event. This ‘Business & Science’ day will offer opportunities to pitch and discuss innovative ideas aimed at improving welfare of farm animals in commercial practice.
Please visit the website http://www.wafl2017.com/ for more information on the main conference, and the pre-conference activity.
Registration & abstract submission opens: 15 October 2016
Deadline abstracts submission 1 February 2017
Acceptance notification 1 May 2017
Deadline early bird registration 15 May 2017
Registration closes 20 July 2017
Pre-conference ‘Business & Science’ day 5 September 2017
WAFL2017 Conference 6-8 September 2017